Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Growing pineapple

Pineapple is an auspicious fruit in Asian countries. I tried to grow one. This is how:

You have to pluck away the crown and remove some leaves to reveal the roots. I think you have to remove about 5 to 6 layers of leaves and then expose the roots. I cut the remaining leaves and keep them short. I put the crown into a recycled bottle and put in water to cover the roots. After a few days, you can see roots growing. You may want to change the water regularly.

After a few weeks, you will get many roots and then you can plant it.

Roots forming
Roots are mature for planting
Pineapple crown in water
$2 plastic pot from Daiso (Yellow to match the pineapple)
Well drain soil. Pineapple in the sun
I keep the pineapple on my window sill and hope that it can bear fruit. Well, let's see how long it takes to bear a pineapple... Huat ah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment