Sunday, November 30, 2014

5 more strawberry seeds germinated after 3 months

5 more strawberry seeds germinated after 3 months. Every few weeks, I will get strawberry seedlings from the seedling bed that I created 3 months ago. I remember it was 15 August 2014 that I had placed about 100 seeds into the seedling bed. I kept the bed moist and occasionally stirred up the soil to break it up and exposed the seeds to sunlight. I think this helps to have more seeds germinating.

The idea is to keep the bed moist and create high humidity so that the seeds will think that it has the best environment to start to grow into a seedling. Well, the effort pays off and I'm getting about 25 seedlings now. However, the strawberry seedling grows very slowly and I start to think that maybe something is not favourable for them. I will continue to monitor and blog on their progress. 

Do drop me a note if you want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment