Monday, December 1, 2014

Tillandsia Ionantha - Tiny root coming out from air plant

This morning I notice a tiny root coming out from my air plant, Tillandsia Ionantha. This air plant is one of the three air plants that I have separated from the main plant. When I have removed the plants, they already have one or two roots there. But, now one of the plants started to grow new root. It is marvellous to see this because it shows that the young air plant is growing well.

I use a water spray (something liked an atomiser) to create a water mist onto the air plants every morning. I will leave them to dry under normal air draft. I cut plastic bottle into halves and use the top part of the bottle. I place the air plant into the bottle opening as the air plant base uses the bottle opening as support.

Tiny root coming out of air plant
Close-up view of the root (yellowish green in colour)

No comments:

Post a Comment